TAKE ACTION: Fight Senate Bill 452: This unconstitutional bill would mandate local police to detain any undocumented person they come into contact with BEYOND the reason for any alleged infraction and turn them over to federal authorities.
This will lead to distrust of local enforcement agencies, less reported crimes, and more financial burden on the state police as the local police will be doing the work of the federal government–ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency) for free!!!!
**What can you do?
1. Call House Speaker David Ralston at 404-656-5020 and express your strong opposition to SB 452
2. Email House Speaker David Ralston at firstname.lastname@example.org and express your strong opposition to SB 452
3. Contact your city council to discuss your opposition to anti-immigrant bills and programs like the controversial federal program 287(g) that deputizes state & local officials to enforce federal immigration law allowing for a collusion of the local police with ICE; and discuss the council’s willingness to adopt a Non-Detainer Policy–stating no collusion with ICE and no unlawful detainment of immigrants without a Judicial warrant.
4. Stay abreast of the issue and attend further forums, rallies, etc. and use every opportunity to express your strong opposition to anti-immigrant bills and programs.
5. See flyer and share attached flyer.
6. Repeat #1 and #2!!!!!!
As an expert in the field, Women Watch Afrika provides trainings as a consultant on immigrant and refugee concerns. For more information on this issue, training, guidance, consulting services, and/or information on working with immigrant communities contact Glory Kilanko, Director and CEO, Women Watch Afrika, Inc. at 404-759-6419 or at email@example.com
Leave a Reply